The purpose of seeking additional certification and education varies from individual to individual, but the most common reasons for seeking additional advancement are the following:
- A teacher wanting to do advanced work in a subject.
- A career that has climaxed and requires advanced education to jump start it
- The requirements of a state for initial certification
For whichever reason you are deciding to pursue additional training or continue with your education, this step mustbe taken carefully and be well planned. Preparing yourself to take these exams is a multiple step process:
- First, you must look within yourself at your current pathway and your proposed destination.
- You will need to analyze your strengths, weaknesses, and social situation.
- You will also need to prioritize your needs.
- Then set short term and long term goals to help you keep your eye on the prize.
The following information will help you get started on the right path. Good luck on your exam!!!